Russian authorities are staging a suspicious 3 day nuclear disaster drill which will see 40 million people take part.
The surprise drill comes days after a US General warned war with Russia may be on the cards.
Tensions escalated last week when John Kerry warned of not only breaking off diplomatic relations over Syria with Russia, and threatening to use “military force” including potentially US-based ground forces in Syria for the first time, but also slamming Russian strikes over Aleppo as “barbaric”,
The drill comes just over a week after Russia slammed the US for an ‘Act of War’ after 62 Syrian soldiers were killed by a British drone strike after a briefing from US intelligence.
Russia responded Monday when Russian President Vladimir Putin suspended an agreement with the United States for disposal of weapons-grade plutonium because of “unfriendly” acts by Washington, the Kremlin said.
It also said that Washington had failed “to ensure the implementation of its obligations to utilize surplus weapons-grade plutonium”. The 2010 agreement, signed by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and then-U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, called on each side to dispose of 34 tonnes of plutonium by burning in nuclear reactors.